COASTAL MANAGERS MEETINGS
Manager Meeting Feb 15th 2019 NHC Lib. Minutes
- Agreed to BOD approved 2019 Calendar
- Vote on which Roster will be used to determine the Protected Players. Reviewed the Page 16 of Manual which says to use the end of Season Roster. Agreed that the intent at start of 2018 season was to use start of the season roster and not end of the season roster.
- Voted on protecting nine (9) players from the start of 2018 season roster. The decision was supported by the 2018 Coastal President and 2018 manager’s recollection at conclusion of the 2018 Restructure meeting. We will include anyone not on those rosters in the 2019 Spring Training and Draft.
- Agreed that no more than one Part Time player per team will be our goal.
- Agreed to March 28th Draft Order. Infinity 1st, Carrabba’s 2nd, Humana 3rd, Patriots 4th as stated page 1.7 Manual.
- Each Manager is to complete Player evaluation for unprotected players by March 5th.
- Discussion of Spring Training process beginning March 5th Orientation and Each Tuesday /Thursday throughout March.
- Agreed in principle that in 2019 season all players will be in batting lineup at every game unless they report injured to both gameday managers. Also agreed in principle that late arriving player can be added to end of the batting order and a player leaving early can do so without the team being assessed an Out.
- Discussed the use of a Pitcher screen during Spring Training and preseason scrimmage games with possible implementation as a trial at start of 2019 season.
- Continue emphasis on fairplay/sportsmanship with Managers Commitment to enlightenment/enforcement on their teams.